January 27, 2006

Stray Thoughts!!!

You know this feeling, that creeps in you... the feeling that it has been a long time you have not given time to yourself!!! people get so busy sometimes in doing what everyone thinks is the right theing to do... that they themselves forget why they started in the first place...

Then there are friends, friends who are there for you through thick and thin... for god times and bad!!! but sometimes i am forced to wonder if they really are there... not judging anyone here.. but then an advertisement i sawt nite, forces me to think beyond what we see... the advertisement says that in order to live life to the fullest.. one has to reach out... but the best part is that they did not limit the viewers' imagination to anything specific... so here i am reaching out.... but, no one is there to hold my hand... some one...hello!!! anybdy there....

no answer... its not that I do not have friends... its just dat I am now forced to question the whole concept of friendship... coz i was not handed a rulebook or a code of conduct when i set out to look for some FRIENDS....

people keep talking about their Best BUDDIES! being together for ages... far from each other, still inseparable... I do no know what to say.. guess I was just not as blessed as all the others... coz when i look back over the years... i see myself alone... troubles come and go.. all I see wid me is my shadow!!! its been there since i came in the world... being in mom's womb... then a part a mom's shadow for a while.. the dad's.. till junior school... but the I see this shadow finally taking shape, of ME!! as a separate identity .. but still ALONE!!!

but then why fret i say to myself... i can do widout frnz... well after all as Ma says we did come alone in this world and will go alone... all that comes and goes wid us is our Shadow... i respect my shadow... u knw why?? its the most ignored part of the body....I call it a part of my body coz no one can separate their shadow from their self... except perhaps Peter Pan, and I am surely no Pater Pan!!! We all need to reaspect our shadows... its our reflection, what we really are... It some times leads the way and sometims falls behimd us... sometimes right beside us, and other times within us... giving us courage to go on... when in doubt.

Funny though it may sound, but everyday i make it a point to look at my shadow atleast once a day!! its really important to do so... we can never see our soul..but try lookin at your shadow... it will definitely tell u what ur soul looks like...

this is for all those who say they have best frnz... and also for those who do not have any or have lost them.. congrats people, now u can add another name to ur list... as I have... still have to come up with a name though for my BEST FRIEND...

Love, Pragnya

1 comment:

Sameer Bhat said...

Pragya,

I like the overall drift of your message. I think you're trying to make a good point here. Shadow -- well, that sounds a wee bit Socratic but worth it. Call it your 'Soul-mate'.

Besides, one has got to align his/her priorities and likes with that of your loved ones. All of us have a life.

It is not important that the person you like also likes you. But I am sure you'll meet so many good people in life and may that the proverbial prince on the horseback too.

Lov
Sam